Thank you, for choosing AAA City Removalist. If we are undertaking your packing, sit back and relax, if not we hope the following guideline’s and hints “GIVES YOU PIECE OF MIND YOUR MOVES IN SAFE HANDS”
- Prepare a “Survival Kit” – (Carton #1) include a kettle, cups, coffee, cleaners, etc. Place bed legs, remote controls, wardrobe keys, and toilet paper.
- Pack all personal papers, bank/cheque books, etc in a folder and place in your car or suitcase to be carried with you.
- Put a layer of scrunch paper at the bottom of your cartons. Wrap each item individually, stand plates on their edges. Pack heavier items at the bottom, working up to lighter items on top. Ie: dinner set on the bottom topped with Tupperware.
- Ensure all cartons are packed tight with a layer on scrunch on top to avoid crushing. Tape each carton closed securely.
- Pack books, wine, and heavy items in the smaller “Book Cartons” to avoid overloading. Remember the removalist is only human.
- Pack items in standard cartons and book cartons not tiny supermarket cartons or oversized cartons, this will save time and effort.
- Do not pack anything in garbage bags or striped plastic bags, they split and your belongings will end up being trampled or lost.
- Empty all drawers, filing cabinets and cupboards to avoid breaking runners, etc and pack contents into appropriate cartons.
- Mark each carton clearly on top with your name and the room you require it to be placed in upon arrival. This will save the Home Removalists time and your effort when unpacking.
- We are not authorised to carry firearms or gas bottles (full or empty). Please find an alternative means of transport. We will not carry dangerous goods such as paint, aerosol, poisons, fuel or flammable liquids, dispose of these or arrange alternative transportation.
- Plants will be carried with all care but we have no responsibility. Water the plants at least one day prior to uplift, not the day of your move, then place each pot into a plastic bag and tie around the top. This will keep the plant moist and stop the dirt spilling over your goods. Ceramic pots generally do not travel well and tend to crack.
- Ensure the BBQ drip tray is cleaned and fuel is drained from lawn mowers and whipper sniper’s etc.
- Arrange for the disconnection of appliances for the day prior to moving, i.e. plumber, electrician.
AAA City Removalist Offer This Service free of charge.
- Dismantle items for travel. Ie: self assemble furniture, garden shed, take the dryer off the wall, etc. Clean garden tools and bundle together with tape.
- Run –down the freezer and clean out at least the day prior to your removal. Give away frozen foods and other foods you can’t take with you.
- Should you require storage for your goods in AAA City Removalist prior to departure or on arrival please contact our office for details and Bookings.
- Advise the office of any additional items for removal. Failure to do so may result in some of your gear being left behind due to lack of space.
- Advise the office of your insurance requirements. We are authorised representatives of Carts Australia and can arrange transit and storage insurance for customers. We will not affect the insurance of your goods except on your express instructions and at your expense. All insurance proposals must be completed and returned prior to uplift
- Advise the office and driver of any difficulty with access. Do you have stairs; can a truck get up your driveway; is it too steep; are the trees overhanging; are the power lines too low; is your street too narrow; do we need parking permits? If a ferry vehicle is required due to difficult access you will be charged, so please advise us to enable us to send the right vehicle for the job.
- All interstate removal charges are to be paid by cash, credit card or bank cheque on or prior to delivering. Personal cheques will not be accepted.
- Notify people of your change of address: Bank, Doctor, Finance Company, Medicare, Medical Benefits, Clubs & Organisations, Motor Registration Board, Electoral Office, Accountant, Insurance Companies, Schools, Magazine & other Subscriptions, etc.
- Redirect your mail at the Post Office. Cancel your paper delivery. Return library books and DVDs. Pick up dry-cleaning.
- Arrange for final readings and disconnection of telephone, electricity, gas, and water.
- Last minute check: Nothing is left behind, check gas & power are turned off at the meter/mains, lock all windows and doors, surrender the house keys to the new owner, solicitor or caretaker/agent.
- Organise with the driver a rendezvous time at your new home, and have a safe trip. Items ineligible for removal
Particular items that ineligible for removal.
These items may be classified under the following categories.
- Prohibited dangerous goods.
- Plants (Certificate may be required).
- Collections and special interest items. (depending on company policy)
- Items in unclean condition.
You are required to understand company policy regarding these items. The following descriptions are minimum requirements regarding these items.
Prohibited Dangerous Goods.
Some commodities cannot be accepted for transport by air, sea or road under general conditions. The following, in their classes, are a few examples.
Class 1: Explosives
- Black powder
Class 2: Flammable Gases
Class 3: Flammable liquids
- Methylated spirits
Class 4: Flammable solids
Class 5: Oxidising substances
- Calcium Hypochlorite
- Ammonium Nitrate
- Sodium Nitrate
- Hydrogen Peroxide
Class 6: Poisonous and toxic substances
- Weed killers
- Photographic developers
Class 7: Corrosive substances
- Caustic Soda
- Hydrochloric acid
- Sulphuric acid
Class 8: Miscellaneous
- Scuba tanks
- Gas cylinders
- Aerosol cans
- Explosive devices
NOTE: Gas cylinders cannot be carried, empty or full
Animals and Plants
As a general rule, animals and plants such as domestic fowls, livestock, pot plants, shrubs, etc., cannot be accepted for transport in a removal vehicle.