Smart moves are organised and less stress. When moving preparing early makes the difference in the degree of difficulty in the move. AAA City Removalist offers the following tips on moving smart, not harder.
Moving Smarter in Sydney
Packing is the biggest concern for most property owners. However, there are many elements involved in a relocation. From transferring records, to changing your address, to saying goodbye to old friends, when done in a steady and timely manner, you’ll find that your relocation is one that isn’t high in stress. Following is a checklist to help you to move smarter, not harder.
Five Weeks Prior to Moving Day
At the five week point prior to moving day, you should have researched and hired a Removalist company in Sydney to handle your relocation. Begin to sort through your items and get rid of any items that you no longer need or do not want in your new home. Begin an inventory list of your items that you’ll be moving. Contact your moving company to enquire whether they offer free or discounted moving materials.
- Empty all gas cylinders and air bottles and dispose of flammable containers in a safe manner.
- Start a file for all moving receipts, quotes, and notes.
Three Weeks Prior to Moving Day
- Contact your moving company to confirm all details of your relocation.
- Return all borrowed items like books and videos.
- Contact your children’s school to arrange to have their records transferred to their new school.
- If you have pets, obtain their records from your vet, as well as have any vaccinations that need to be updated.
- Arrange for your utility shut off and reconnection at your new place. Your moving company may offer this service.
- Submit your change of address to all accounts and subscriptions.
- Arrange to have your newspaper stopped.
- Have any medications filled.
One Week Prior to Moving Day
- Pack your essential box for each member of the family. The box should include toiletries and bed linens, as well as a change or two of clothes.
- Pack an essential box of food, snacks and beverages that offer you the ease of caring for your family your first night in your new home.
- Water all indoor plants and pack them in nylon lined boxes.
Two Days Prior to Moving Day
- Confirm your boxes to your inventory list. Be sure that you have your essential box filled with the necessary items for your first night in your new home.
- Contact your moving company to once again confirm the details of your relocation.
- Pick up the keys to your new property.
One Day Prior to Moving Day
- Clean out your refrigerator.
- Be sure that the pets are in a safe and secure area.
- Provide your moving company with an inventory checklist.
- Have snacks and beverages prepared for your movers.
- Once the moving truck is packed and loaded, do a quick sweep of the home.
AAA City Removalists
For more information on quality moves in Sydney or Interstate wide, contact AAA City Removalist at the number below. We offer quality moves at affordable rates.